Work related to Aided colleges

  • Allotment of grant for payment of salary to teaching and non-teaching staff.
  • Proceedings regarding creation of teaching and non-teaching staff, continuation of vacant posts, confirmation of posts and regularization of ad-hoc teachers.
  • Pay Fixation of teaching and non-teaching staff, approval of selected grade and settlement of queries regarding pay scale.
  • Approval of advace pension from general provident fund and final payment of provident fund on retirement of every employee of Aided Collages.
  • To conduct audit of colleges and to solve audit objections, to investigate irregularities, to investigate the complaints received from various sources and to take action accordingly.
  • Proceeding related to appointment of authorized controller / administrator in the colleges.
  • To receive list of current vacant posts of teachers and possible vacancies of teachers arising in the comming sessions of the colleges.
  • To frame Subject-wise consolidated list of informed vacancies and forward to the Uttar Pradesh Higher Education Services Commission Allahabad for advertisement and selection.
  • To forward the name of recommended candidates by Uttar Pradesh Higher Education Service Commission to the Management for appointment by doing seat arrangement.
  • To approve the appointments of posts of Burser, Deputy Librarian, office superintendent and Cataloger.
  • Work related to single transfer of degree college teacher.

Work related to Government Colleges

  • To handle cases of posting/transfer and promotion.
  • Examination of complaints related to teachers and principals of government colleges and disciplinary / administrative proceedings on it accordingly.
  • To handle cases related to posting/transfer and promotion of third and fourth grade non-teaching staff of government colleges.
  • Creation of new posts and opening of new government colleges.
  • To approve various types of leave to teachers/employees.
  • To approve final payment of provident fund various types of advances of teachers / employees. (After retirement, 90 percent of GPF's amount approval and sanctioned from the Directorate. The remaining 10 percent of funds are approved and sanctioned by Accountant General, Uttar Pradesh, Allahabad.)
  • To forward pension forms of Principals/ Teachers of Government Colleges to Director, Pensions.
  • Issuance of Allocation Order of recurring / non-recurring grant for development of colleges.
  • Work of fixation of salary of faculty, Bursers, office superintendents, librarians, deputy librarians and coordinators etc. of government colleges within the state.
  • The training work of teachers / principals / employees of government colleges is also done by the Directorate.

Miscellaneous Works

  • To follow up cases on going in the court related to Colleges.
  • To collect data related to higher education and make plans for development.
  • To prepare annual budget for higher education.
  • Pension work related to universities and colleges.
  • To conduct Rovers / Rangers programs in colleges.
  • To advise the goverment to take necessary steps for questions related to goverment degree colleges, raised in legislative assembly.
  • Work related to sanctions to self management for opening new colleges in unserved areas of the state.